The Outreach Ambassadors Program serves to develop leaders to empower undocumented students in pursuit of higher education. Its mission is to build awareness by sharing information on legislative policies and resources that make education more accessible
Some of the responsibilities of the Outreach Ambassadors include:
- Tabling at local high schools, community colleges, and conferences
- Host presentations and workshops
- Be able to give tours of the AB540 & Undocumented Student Center
Expectations for Outreach Ambassadors:
- Attend the introductory meeting
- You will be asked to be part of our mandatory training meetings every other week (biweekly).
- Attend 1 Coffee Talk per quarter
- Attend 1 UndocuPride Speakers Bureau Training per quarter
Training will serve to educate yourself on the policies and legislation which continuously change throughout the year. Therefore, as an ambassador, you will be trained to help educate the greater community to bring awareness on reaching higher education regardless of their immigration status. In addition, you will able to share resources to help ease the barriers that undocumented students face while navigating higher education, and being a source they can trust.