The AB540 and Undocumented Student Center Community Advocate internships provide students with a unique leadership opportunity to develop and execute programming and support for the undocumented immigrant and larger UC Davis communities.
Intern Learning Outcomes:
- Gain proficiency with initiatives, campus partners and collaborations impacting immigrant communities
- Build a network and community of undocumented immigrant students sharing their experiences about and engaging in UndocuJoy
- Build skills analyzing and implementing effective outreach, engagement, and management approaches catering to the AB540 and Undocumented communities we serve
- Increase experience and comfort with public speaking and multilingual professional engagement
- Increase ability to engage and communicate individually and as part of a team
Our Center’s Support for the Learning Outcomes:
- Robust pre-Fall Quarter training to equip interns with the necessary knowledge, awareness, and skills to develop resources and provide sensible referrals to undocumented and mixed-status family students
- 1:1 supervision from career staff to provide holistic advising and support
- Connection to trained campus staff providing legal, mental health, and financial support to AB540 and Undocumented students for individual enrichment and programmatic collaborations
- Weekly seminar check-ins with peer Community Advocates to build community and engage in personal and professional identity development
- Financial resources to create and develop events, programs, and resources to support the AB540 and Undocumented community at UC Davis and beyond
Stay tuned for 2023-2024 Community Advocate internship applications through our social media and newsletter!
Meet Our Interns (coming soon!)