The purpose of the library is to help alleviate some of the cost undocumented students and allies have to pay in the university setting. We currently have over 200 books available to check out in a variety of subjects! Books can be checked out for a whole quarter, a day, or a couple of hours.
Winter Quarter Applications Open!
Please fill your Book Request Form here
--> Applications open until January 10th <--
As the community of undocumented students and allies increases, the need for support increases as well. We welcome any donations of books and other materials students may need including:
- Lab Coats
- Lab Notebooks
- Lab Goggles
To make a donation stop by the AB540 and Undocumented Student Center and located the items you will donate in the lending library donation box.
Lending Library FAQ
- How do I look for books available?
If you are unsure of whether or not the library has the book you are looking for, you can access our list online at
In this website you can check if we have the book you are looking for and whether or not it is available. If it is currently checked out, you can also see the due date.
- How do I check out a book?
- To check out a book come to the AB540 and undocumented student center and ask a friendly volunteer or staff to assist you in the process. If it is your first time checking out a book you will need to fill out a liability form for our records. Please note that the liability form to check out a book for a period of two hours is different from the one needed to check out a book for a quarter.
- How do I return a book?
- To return a book, please bring it up to the AB540 and undocumented student center and return it to a friendly front desk volunteer.
- What happens in my book is overdue? Can I renew a book?
As stated in the liability forms, in the case that you loose a book or have an overdue, you will need to complete one of the following tasks:
Complete 3 hours of volunteering with the AB540 and undocumented student center
Donate 3 more books to the lending library
Attend an ASUCD Dream committee meeting.
- Can I check out a GRE book?
The lending library has a limited amount of GRE textbooks, for this reason you are only allowed to borrow these books for two hour periods. Alternatively, you can borrow these for a few days with the condition of returning them on Fridays before 4:00pm.
The AB540 and Undocumented student center holds
- Are there other material I can request and how do I request them?
- Depending on our funding for the academic quarter, the Dream Committee may accept book requests from students. If you are enrolled in the AB540 and Undocumented Student listserv you can keep updated on the book requests applications starting a couple of weeks before the starting of the academic quarter.